I have worked in a professional helping role with people my entire adult career. Prior to working as a Therapist, I worked as a Specialist Nurse/ Counsellor in Addictions in variety of NHS mental health services. During my now 18-year therapeutic career
In my view, therapy is an intensely collaborative process. Whilst I bring my training, expertise and experience to the process I believe that you are the expert on you. You do know what is right for you and you do, invariably, know what you need to do in order to achieve your goals. Only you know what things really feel like inside of yourself, what kinds of thoughts you think and what you wish for and desire. I make effective use of your internal processes by combining them with my experience; together we create an environment where your debilitating patterns and thinking can be modified for you to make effective changes to your life.
I am an Integrative Relational Counsellor & Psychotherapist and hold a Master of Arts Degree from Roehampton University. The British Counselling and Psychotherapy Association has certified me as a registered member.
Object Relations, Attachment and Ego Sate Theories. I have good working knowledge of CBT and can utilise these techniques according to the individual needs of my client.
Education, Training, and Credentials
- MA in Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy- Roehampton University
- BSc in Nursing- Kymenlaakso University
- Understanding Trauma: Principles & Practice- The Tavistock Centre
- The Course of a Lifetime: Attachment from Cradle to Grave by Linda Cundy- Grenfell Housing and Training
- Easy Ego State Interventions by Robin Shapiro- ISC International
- Attachment Informed Psychotherapy: an integrative neuroscience-based model by Professor Jeremy Holmes
- Challenging in Working with Attachment and Dependency in Complex Trauma by Kathy Steele
- Safeguarding Children- CNWL Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust Relapse Management- CNWL Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust Motivational Interviewing- CNWL Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust Cultural Awareness & Ethnic Diversity- CNWL Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust
- Identification of Risk (Self-harm & Suicide) – Thames Valley University Problem Use of Drugs & Alcohol- Thames Valley University
- Many other professional development courses and seminars.
If you feel I could be of help, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Call 07590548842 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for your free 15-minute phone consultation